I hope that you had an enjoyable half term. Unfortunately the week ended with the news that the country would return to a lockdown status from November 5th to try to reduce the rate of increase of the virus spread so that hopefully we can experience a more normal December. One key difference is that schools will hopefully be able to remain open and there should not need to be a return to schooling from home (certainly for the primary sector). This will only succeed if all adults adhere to the government guidelines, and we need to ensure that we can maintain full staffing in school as far as possible. We hope to be able to carry on with regular Christmas activities in school, though they may have to be modified to make them compatible with the bubble system for each year group.
To keep both the infant and junior schools in line, we will adopt the same guidelines:
From Thursday 5th November you will need to be aware that:
- Everyone on the school site, including secondary school age children, will be required to wear a face covering (but excluding children of primary age group)
- We encourage parents to use their own hand sanitiser before and after entering the school site.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you:
- Only one adult can enter the school site from drop off and collection.
- Do not congregate in groups on or outside of the school grounds.
- Make sure that you drop off and collect in the specific allocated time window.
- Respect social distancing when communicating with staff. Communication should be via e-mail and telephone wherever possible.
- Children may bring in their own hand sanitiser providing the bottle is labelled and it is not shared in school. However, we have good supplies of soap and sanitiser available throughout the school.
- Masks must be worn if visiting the school office to collect a child
Some of you are arriving very early in the morning for the lower school start time of 8.50am, making it difficult for upper school parents and children to make their way through. If you are bringing an upper and lower school child together, then please aim for the end of the upper school window (8.35 to 8.45am). There is no benefit in arriving early as registers will not close until after the end of each arrival window.
If you have a medical exemption to wearing a mask then please bring your child during the morning arrival window as you do not need to enter the site as they can go straight in to the building. At the end of the day please ensure a minimum of 2 metres distance, and do not approach staff.